Saturday, January 19, 2013

No recess in college? Say it ain't so.

Jaden
7-years old
January 1, 2013
On the way to school

While driving Jaden asks, "In college, is there recess?"

"No baby," I answered, but was curious where this sudden interest in college came from? Perhaps it's my continual talk of education. Not just for the kids, but for myself.

"Noooooo! Why? I want recess." Her disappointment was apparent.

I thought back to my college years, and was slapped in the face with reality. College was recess. All four years of it. If I had only known that then I think I would have enjoyed it more.

She's going to love college if she goes. I just hope not too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this post. Contact me at lisa@cptlisamwhite.com if interested in contributing a short story on The Middle Toe.